Before the start of the “Hands on charting” course, you can order and review some of the following books.
No reading is required apart from the content of the course, and all the necessary content (pdf, charts,…) will be sent to you by email.
But depending on your interest you can further study cycle observation and support, either from a medical on a natural perspective, with the books listed. The ones in red are the most advised relating to this course.
– Books of Roetzer and/or Sensiplan. Currently only available in german, italian, french, and polish. An english version might be available soon. We will see the important content for fertility support during the Hands on charting course.
Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler is the most famous book in english on the topic, but it will not be used for this course. It bases itself mainly on the above-mentioned methods, but taking out some aspects. The program of the Hands on charting course is not tailored on the contents of this book, but on a different method.
– The fifth vital sign, Master your cycles and optimize your fertility, Lisa Hendrickson-Jack.
Instructor of the fertility awareness Justisse method, Lisa details the important of cycle observation to support women’s health.
– The NaPro Technology Revolution, Unleashing the power in a woman’s cycle, Thomas Hilgers
This book goes into the detail of charting cervical mucus with the Creighton Model System, and all the medical research of the past decades done on the cycle’s hormonal patterns and pharmaceutical and chirurgical support of fertility.
Very useful if you enjoy studying difficult hormonal curves and patterns, if you have a medical background or if you work in collaboration with doctors to enhance fertility.
Written with a strong religious background. This is the divulgative version, another much more comprehensive book is available for doctors.
– Neo fertility, advanced fertility care through cycle tracking, Introductory guide, Phil Boyle
This book provides a clear explanation to couples of the medical fertility support through cycle observation, and an ethical, medical and psychological perspective on fertility journeys.
Easier to read than the Hilgers’ book, and written in a secular way. Available in electronic version.
– Period Repair Manual, Lara Briden
A very comprehensive view on the naturopathic care of the menstrual cycle, with focus on different health conditions. A must read for every practitioner supporting women with cycles.
– The Adrenal-Thyroid Revolution, Aviva Romm
Fertility challenges are closely associated with difficulties in the endocrine system, not only the reproductive hormones but also the interconnected web of hormones, mainly from the thyroid and the adrenals. This book provides a 4-months plan to support optimal balance.
– Rainforest Home Remedies: The Maya Way To Heal Your Body and Replenish Your Soul,
– Ancient Healing for Modern Women: Traditional Chinese Medicine for All Phases of a Woman’s Life, Xiolan Zhao
A beautiful and poetic view of the women stages of life, through the lenses of Traditional Chinese medicine and culture. Includes several recepies.
– Botanical Medicine for Women’s Health, Aviva Romm
A very comprehensive view on the herbal care of women’s health. Aviva comprehensive knowledge and experience in herbal medicine, midwifery and medical care makes it a precious reference.
– A Woman’s Best Medicine: Health, Happiness, and Long Life through Maharishi Ayur-Veda, Nancy Lonsdorf
An overview of the ayurvedic teachings for the support of women’s health.
FERTILITY AWARENESS PRACTICES:
– Natural Family Planning Teachers’ training course, Theoretical part for all NFP methods, FEDRA/ European Institute for Family Life Education
This book is complete with the shared knowledge of all european fertility awareness schools, with a lot of insight on good practices, references and scientific and historical facts about Natural family planning.
It is written with a religious background and might be too detailed for the many practitioners. If you want to go further, it is an excellent reference.