Fertility awareness is a powerful tool that allows to precisely determine the fertile and infertile pahses of the menstrual cycles, in dorder to :
– safely avoid conception (when thaught and followed correctly, the unintended pregnancy rate is as low as the hormonal pill’s) in many moments of a woman’s life (including breastfeeding and pre-menopause)
– aid in looking for conception and in fertility challenges
– assess the reproductive and menstrual health, as an aid for diagnosis and decision for treatment
This program will give you:
– a deep understanding of your menstrual cycles, your hormones and their impact on your body, your emotions and your health
– clear guidelines to chart your cycles, determine when ovulation occurs and use this knowledge to avoid conception
– the knowledge to use this tool to monitor your reproductive health and to know the signs that a medical checkup and/or natural support are needed
The method taught is the Roetzer symptothermal method, which allows the woman to observe, register and interpret the differents signs of fertility:
– the cervical mucus. Its changes indicate the level of estrogens and that ovulation is getting closer (but not that it has occured!)
– the basal temperature. It rises after ovulation to indicate the presence of progesterone and that ovulation has occured. Its levels is key for feminine health.
– in option : the changes in the cervix, depending on the phases of the menstrual cycle
– secondary symptoms as emotional changes, abdominal pain, breast tenderness, etc.
Fertility awareness is a beautiful tool to manage fertility as a couple: the man is always invited to participate in the consultations and to actively participate in the registration and interpretation of the charts. Not only it supports the communication in the couple but it allows to share the burden of fertility management, respecting both the female and the male bodies.
The program lasts 1 year, in order to have a comprehensive observation of your menstrual cycles during the 4 seasons and many different life events (holidays, illness, stress, etc). This gives the best basis to apply the method safely and long term (especially for the pre-ovulatory phase).
I followed a 2 year training with INER Italy to become a certified FAM instructor. INER has a database of more than 600.000 charts, and a Pearl index of 0,1 in perfect use and 0,8 in typical use (number of unintended pregnancy for 100 women over 1 year). INER teaches the symptothermal method has it was invented by Dr Roetzer in Austria.
I then completed my training becoming a certified practitioner the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® in order to aid digestive and reproductive health supporting the optimal uterus position and circulation. This allowed be to beautifully blend this knowledge with my background in energetic therapies, support of the chakra system and aromatherapy.
I am now studying hard for a training in Restorative Reproductive Medecine (similar to NaproTechnology), a tool to aid doctors and midwifes to restore fertility instead of bypassing it in cases of fertility challenges. This allows me to add a strong understanding of the medical support of natural cycles and fertility and better assist the medical professions in their task to help women and couples.
– an initial consultation to review your situation and your needs, and give you the basics to start charting your cycles
– a number of following consultations to review the theory and the rules of the symptothermal method and your charts. The total number of consultations is variable and will be determined as we go on.
– an assessment of your charts to determine if your menstrual health needs investigations and/or support, and the natural ways to support them with lifestyle, exercices and tools to use at home, essential oils and energetic support.
– a final consultation to give you the total autonomy over the method, including post-ovulatory and pre-ovulatory rules, and see together the other situations in life where different rules can apply (looking for pregnancy, breastfeeding, pre-menopause).
10% discount for Arvigo® professionals and their clients
If you are interested, write to me at email@example.com to book a free 20 minutes call to see if we are the right match to work together
You want to know if fertility awareness can be suitable for you and if I can be the right consultant to be choosen to follow you?
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to plan a free 20 minutes skype discussion. Doing very individualised work I do not have many spots available and also want to make sure that we are the right match. I will be happy to refer you to other methods or instructors if we see it is best for you.
You are already charting but would like some guidance and a review of your charts by a professional?
You can then book a single consultation. The cost is 100€ for 90 minutes. You can write to me at email@example.com with your charts, your needs and 3 dates and times suitable for the appointment over the next month.
You wish to use fertility awareness for support in looking for a pregnancy?
There 2 other programs more tailored for this:
– the personalised fertility support package for women and couples wishing to prepare for conscious conception or experiencing fertility challenges,
– the online program “Hands on charting” designed for fertility support professionals, in order to add a strong knowledge of the menstrual cycle and its reading in their work with women and couples.